Monday, March 12, 2012

Candles by Victoria - First CANDLE Experience & Order


 
I was so happy to place my 3rd and biggest order from Candles by Victoria.  I loved almost all the scents; I did so good choosing scents this go round.  Of course they were all based on the wonderful recommendations I have received on the Message Boards. 

I ordered mostly Scent Shots, but this time I knew I wanted to try an actual Candle.  Up until this order I have only ordered Scent Shots because I wanted to find some great scents for Candles.  I did not want to risk ordering a Candle in an unknown scent, and end up not liking it so much.  For this order I chose to get Four Mini Candles, two of the 8 Ounce Candles, and one of the 9 Ounce Candles.  They come packaged very nice and secure!!  There is no way they are going to break...so you do not have to worry!! 


Mini Candles:  Pearberry Fun, Best Friends, Bella Swan, & DKNY Delicious
(Note:  I’ve reviewed all of these in my last order review blog post.  The only one that smells a little different from the Scent Shots is DKNY Delicious.  It does not smell like the perfume to me like the Scent Shot did.  I can smell more of the Cucumber and “green” notes in it.  It’s still nice). 

8 Ounce Candles:  Tiffany D & Enchanted Apple
(Note:  I’ve reviewed both of these in my last order review blog post.  Tiffany D is amazing!  This Enchanted Apple is so different from my Scent Shot….It smells like a bakery apple or like cinnamon apples this time.  I’m wondering if I just got a different mixture, or possibly it was a scent mix up)?

9 Ounce:  Sexy in Stilettos
(Note:  This is probably my favorite style of jar and maybe my favorite scent!!  I love how it says “mason” on the back of this jar and they stack up nicely).

Burn Experience:  I was so ready to burn this candle right HAHA!!  =)  I trimmed my wicks to about ¼ of an inch and made sure I burned them at a time where I had enough time to burn them around 4 hours so they could reach their full melt pool.  It came around the 4 hour mark on my Mini Candle and it was no where near the edges.  I blew it out…trimmed the wicks…and lit it right back up.  Still wasn’t burning to the edge.  I decided to use the method of wrapping aluminum foil around the top of the Candle and it worked like a charm.  After that initial burn I had no further problems.  It burned cleanly and smelled nice.  I LOVE CANDLES BY VICTORIA!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment