Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Candles by Victoria - 3rd Order Scent Shot Impressions


This was my 2nd half of my Third Order (All my Scent Shots).  I loved almost all of the scents; I did so good choosing scents this go round.  Of course they were all recommendations from all the lovely people on the CBV Message Boards! Thanks! =)  I had a hard time doing a rating system because I wanted to give almost everything a minimum of four stars because they were so amazing!!  Even though I probably would have given more 5 stars....I like to designate those for my absolute top favorites!!  These first impressions are strictly on cold sniff only. 

 
The scents are listed under the categories they are found at on the CBV Browser (Which is amazing I might add -- A fantastic way to keep all the scents you want to try organized):

FRUITY

Birds of Paradise:  Did not receive this one…I ordered it but It wasn’t in my box =(  Victoria promptly took care of it and I have it coming in my next order, yay!!  Fantastic customer service!!

Blueberry Patch:  This one is such a funky color…I thought it would be blue.  It looks like a very pale moss green with a yellow ring around the edge.  I think it smells like straight up blueberry…but I guess the color is throwing me off.  LOL, it’s good.  I like it better than Blueberry Cheesecake, it’s not so intense. 
4 to 4.5 Stars

Blushing Peaches:  FANTASTIC!!  The only other peach scent I have tried was Peaches N Cream, and it was not a favorite, but this one is just sooooo good.  I can smell the Strawberry, Peach, and Vanilla.  It’s awesome.  I would love Melissa to make soap in this! =)
5 Stars

Raspberry Violet:  I was a little worried about this one because I’m not a huge floral fan I didn’t think, but this one is really pretty!!  It’s a perfect combination of Raspberry & Violet.  It’s light, fruity, and a little floral.  It gets a lot of love on the Message Board…I can see why!
4 Stars

Lemon Vanilla:  Exactly like it’s described….straight up Lemon with a splash of vanilla.  I like it better than Lemon Pound Cake.  That’s the only two lemon scents I have tried so far.  I know I definitely want to try more!
3 Stars

Poisoned Apple:  This one got recommended to me a lot because of how much I loved Enchanted Apple.  I guess this is like the evil version of Enchanted Apple LOL.  I can smell the tart green apples with a little kick.  It’s really good…but I prefer Enchanted Apple between the two.
3.5 Stars

Black Cherry:  (Free Scent Shot) – I tend to stay away from Grape/Cherry scented or flavored anything.  That includes drinks or candy too because it always reminds me of medicines.  This one is actually not bad.  It reminds me of just a cherry candy.  If you like Cherry Scents I’d tell you to go for this one!
2 stars

FLORAL

Chantilly Lace:  This one is very floral and musky.  I heard someone describe it as smelling like those little decorative soaps…which maybe it does, I’m not sure what those smell like.  It does kind of smell like soap, or a floral perfume.  It’s nice…but I’m still undecided on this one.  My sister fell in love with this scent and tried to steal it from me! =)
3 stars from me, 4 stars from my sister

Cleopatra's Closet:  I totally could not remember what to expect from this one and I LOVE it.  It smells sweet, pretty, & girly all in one.  The first scent that stood out was a powdery one with a light floral note…but still sweet.  I can also smell a slight musky, vanilla note. 
4 stars

Shamrock Kiss:  This might be my favorite new scent out of this order…it’s sooooo good.  It’s under floral fragrances, but to me it smells a lot more clean and fruity.  I can smell the apples and it is just awesome!
5 stars

Sophie Belle:  This smells sooooooo good.  A lot of people compare it to Bella Swan I think? It smells sweet and floral…like a nice perfume.  Not sure what else to say about this one…
4 to 4.5 stars

TROPICAL

White Nectarine & Pink Coral:  Holy Cow….Why did I wait so long to try this one???  This is amazing.  I want it in a soap, shampoo, perfume, lotion….anything, I don’t care.  I immediately smell peaches and other fruits.  Everyone says this smells like a shampoo and it so does!  Might be my favorite scent EVER!
5 stars

Jimmy Buffet:
  This one is pretty good…smells exactly like pineapple & coconut to me.  The scent description said Pina Colada and I think that’s more what it smells like than coconut.  It’s a different kind of tropical than the other ones I have, so that’s awesome!
3.5 to 4 stars

PERFUME/COLOGNE

Heavenly Type:  Not my favorite perfume one ever, but I still like it.  Smells like citrus and floral all mixed up together.  I think I smell violet?   
3.5 stars

Vanilla Sugar:  This might be my new favorite vanilla scent…or maybe tied with Vanilla Bean Noel.  This one smells the most like plain vanilla that I have tried so far, and that was what I was looking for.  Very pleased with this scent!   I think it will be a light scent thrower. 
4 stars

FRESH/CLEAN

Clean Cotton:  I just cannot decide what Clean/fresh fragrance is my favorite.  Every time I think I have a fav, I smell a new one that I just fall in love with.  It smells similar to clothesline fresh and all those, but I think I like this one the most out of the laundry/detergent smelling ones!  Very good, you should definitely try if you like this scent category!
4.5 stars

Mango Tango: MMMMMMM OMG!  Love this one!  This one probably just shot to the top of my favorites in the Clean/Fresh Scents.  It smells extremely clean, but that’s not the only thing you smell.  I can smell the various fruits, and I can also smell something a tad bit floral and green.  I’ve never tried the Gain fabric softener in this…but I want too now!
5 stars

HOUSE BLENDS

Kimono Silk:  This one is so interesting and hard for me to describe.  It smells a little bit floral to me, but the fruits mix together with it just perfectly!  When I smell the bottom of it, it smells green and fresh.  I really like this one…everyone needs to try it!
4 stars

Tokyo Spring:  Just when I think I find a new favorite in this order, I come across more ones I am in instant love with!  This smells so fresh and good, and hard to describe.  It says it has grapefruit, melons, rose, lotus blossoms, & lily of the valley in it…along with bamboo and white musk.  I don’t know if I smell any of those or all of those.  It’s a beautiful blend.  I think I smell the melon scent the most.  AWESOME!
5 stars 


FAVORITES:  WHITE NECTARINE & PINK CORAL, Sophie Bell, Shamrock Kiss, Clean Cotton, Blushing Peaches, Mango Tango, Tokyo Spring, Blueberry Patch, Cleopatra’s Closet, Kimono Silk, Vanilla Sugar, Raspberry Violet

RUNNER UPS:  Jimmy Buffet, Poisoned Apple, Lemon Vanilla, Heavenly Type


Check out the CBV WEBSITE:  http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/cbv/main.html

No comments:

Post a Comment