Monday, February 13, 2012

Candles by Victoria -- February 2012 Order -- First Impressions Part Two

Here is the second part of my February 1st order.  I have to say I did I wonderful job of picking scents this go around...with the help of all the suggestions from the wonderful people on the Candle's by Victoria Message Boards.  I am literally in LOVE with like 90% of the Scent Shots I received in this order.  I know a lot of these I will be getting in candles at some point.  Until then...I don't know what I am going to do without some of these awesome scents when they run out!! LOL


The scents are listed under the categories they are found at on the CBV Browser (Which is amazing I might add -- A fantastic way to keep all the scents you want to try organized):

FLORAL

Honeysuckle:  Never been a fan of florals….but for some reason I have always liked this scent from other candles I’ve smelled.  CBV blows those out of the water.  If you like Honeysuckle, you will love this one!  Says it’s blended with hints of rose, jasmine, & lilac.  I can also smell those…particularly the lilac and jasmine.  

EARTHY
Black Velvet (FREE SS):  It smells like powder and lavender to me.  I had to look it up to see what was all in it.  I saw it has patchouli in it among other scents I’ve never smelled before.  I’ve never smelled patchouli, but I know a lot of people either hate it or love it.  It smells kind of earthy and clean all it one.  It’s interesting… Not sure about this one yet.  

CANDLEMAN'S CLOSET

Rock that Vanilla:  I cannot say if this is a dupe or not, because I’ve never smelled the other one.  This smells really good though.  It smells like vanilla and earthy scents mixed together.  I think I like Vanilla Bean Noel better though.  I don’t find it to be strong, so think it would be good in a bedroom or bathroom. 

PERFUME/COLOGNE

Viva La Juicy:  Strong and nice.  Smells pretty darn close to my perfume I have, which is so cool!! 

DKNY Delicious:  This one smells of apple and greenery to me.  I really like it.  My fiancé says I have to get the perfume now.  LOL  After loving Enchanted Apple so much and now this one….I want to try all the Apple scented ones possible!  

Lovespell:  This one is okay….I don’t think it is exactly like Lovespell (however it may be when it has time to cure).  I kind of smell like a musky or green note to it?  This is my least favorite out of this category.

Pink Sugar:  It smells fruity and very sweet.  I can definitely smell the cotton candy and lemon in it.  I can’t remember what the perfume smells like….so I’m not sure if it’s exact.  Either way I like it a lot.  

Vanilla Bean Noel:  I like this one a lot!  It does smell like vanilla, but also very creamy and sweet.  I do kind of smell a little bit of caramel.  It seems like it would be a very calming scent; good for the bedroom.  

FRESH/CLEAN
Fresh Laundry:  I think this is by far my favorite clean scent out of the ones I have tried.  Smells like a laundry room or fresh dryer sheets.  I’ve also tried Clothesline Fresh from a previous order and loved that one as well!

Gain Island Fresh:  I love clean smells and this is no exception!  Smells just like the laundry detergent from what I can remember.  Smells like an ocean breeze and very clean.  I can smell the greenery and florals…and I love it!

HOUSE BLENDS

Tiffany-D:  Heck yea!!!  This one is great.  I can smell the melon and cotton candy instantly.  It’s a perfect combo.  I want this in a large candle now!

Sexy In Stilettos:  I haven’t a clue what’s all in this one, but it is AWESOME.  It’s very sweet and perfume like.  I can’t decide if I like this one or Bella Swan better.

Bella Swan:  I do get the grape note people are talking about.  But it’s a good grape.  I usually hate all smells and flavors in grape because it reminds me of medicine.  I also smell the floral, which I usually don’t like.  However, I love this one!  I guess these scents blended together make a perfect combination! 



Like I said...these scents are OUTSTANDING!!  I find myself always getting the box out just to smell them all from time to time.  I'm dying to get so many in large candles...


The favorites out of my entire 2nd order include:  Enchanted Apple, Sexy in Stilettos, Best Friends, Tiffany D, Bella Swan, Fresh Laundry, Pink Cupcake, Pink Noel, Gain Island Fresh, Pearberry Fun, & DKNY Delicious

Runner up to the Favorites:   Viva la Juicy, Pink Sugar, Vanilla Bean Noel, Rock that Vanilla, Honeysuckle, Raspberry Guava, Fruit Loops, & Blueberry Cheesecake

Ones I'm not so sure about just yet (waiting for them to cure longer):  Black Velvet, Lemon Pound Cake, Vanilla after Dark, Rice Crispy Treats, Cinnabon, & Lovespell



Check out the CBV Website:  http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/cbv/main.html



No comments:

Post a Comment