Sunday, February 12, 2012

Candles by Victoria -- February 2012 Order -- First Impressions Part One

Well, as soon as I heard about the February 1st sale I knew I had to order.  I had been plotting for a long time since my first order.  Since the 1st order I've learned so much about the available scents and had so many wonderful recommendations from girls from the Candles by Victoria Message Boards.  So with a list of about sixty scents I knew I had to try.....I narrowed it down to the following (I categorized them based on the categories they are found in on the CBV Browser):


:
BAKERY/FOOD

Pink Noel:  This is a mixture of Pink cupcake & VBN.  It smells pretty much just like
Pink Cupcake…but a little better I think.  It makes the vanilla note stand out even more.  It’s sooooo yummy!!! 

Pink Cupcake:  Just like everyone says….Funfetti cake.  It’s really awesome. 

Cinnabon:  Cinnamon is one of the only smells I can say that I cannot stand.  However, I really wanted to try this one because of how much others said they loved it.  I do love Cinnabon’s and cinnamon rolls, but I’m not a fan of this one.  It’s very strong.  I can smell a buttery scent to it as well.  I do like it more than any other cinnamon scent I have ever tried. 

Blueberry Cheesecake:  I’ve been dying to try this one after all the hype.  It is very strong and smells very sweet and creamy.  I do like it and it smells very tasty!  I want to try another Blueberry scent now.

Lemon Pound CakeThis one is SOOO strong.  I can’t decide if I like it yet or not.  It’s definitely very lemony and has a cake smell to it.  Maybe it will be better with melting.  I’ve learned so far I’m not the hugest bakery fan.  I’m eager to try a different type of lemon scent now….maybe Lemon Vanilla?

Rice Crispy Treats:  I don’t like this one yet at all…I’m sure it just needs more time since everyone else seems to love it.  It just seems to be that generic scent I’ve smelled in a couple of the others scents.
UPDATE:  It’s been about a week since I first smelled it and I can already tell it is getting better.  I’m starting to smell more of the Vanilla and Marshmallow. 

Vanilla After Dark:  This one came very liquidy and it leaked all over the box.  It’s very sweet….I don’t really like it right now at all.  It doesn’t smell anything like vanilla to me, but smells kind of sour.


FRUITY

Best Friends:  I let my fiancé smell all of my scents and he was in love with like 95% of them.  He hated this one!  Well all I have to say is that he is CRAZY!!  It’s awesome.  It smells like a wonderful blend of every kind of berry in existence.  When I smell the bottom it also smells a little perfume like.

Fruit Loops:  Just like everyone else has said….If you want to know what this smells like stick your head in a box of Fruit Loops.  It’s dead on!!  You can smell the sugary sweetness, and each of the different scents of the different colored Fruit Loops.  I’m hungry…

Enchanted Apple:  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!  Country Apple is probably one of my all time favorite scents from Bath & Body Works and this smells so much like it.  Don’t know what else to say about that…. =)

Raspberry Guava:  This one lives up to all the hype I’ve read.  It smells like fresh raspberries with something else.  I guess that’s the Guava part.  It’s a must have!

Pearberry Fun:  LOVE!!  It smells a lot like Pearberry from Bath and Body works, which also happens to be another Bath & Body Works favorite.  It’s really really good.  


Check out the CBV WEBSITE:  http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/cbv/main.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment